Microsoft PowerPoint Accessibility Guide
- Open your PowerPoint file.
- Click File.
- By "Inspect Document" section click, "Check for Issues".
4. Select "Check Accessibility".
This will bring up the Accessibility Check on the right hand side of your PowerPoint. This lists the accessibility problems PowerPoint has found with your document.
Key Items to Make Accessible
Accessible Slide Designs
PowerPoint includes pre accessible slide designs that can be used. These themes have contrasting colors, easy to read text, and titles and content styles. The accessible theme is called "Office Theme".
To select the office theme:
- Click the "Design Tab".
- Under "Themes" Select "Office Theme.
Slide's Content Ordering
Ordering always has a huge impact on screen readers because they follow the order in which the content is laid out.
To ensure correct ordering of your content on the slide.
- Click the "Home" tab.
- Under "Drawing" Select "Arrange".
- This brings up the "Selection" Pane.
- Order your contents appropriately by either dragging them or using the "Send Backward" or "Bring Forward" buttons.